- Attaches to the top tube of a bike for stowing a mobile phone, snacks, camera, repair kit etc.
- Outside pocket is specifically designed to hold a US Brevet card (4.25"x5.5"). Also holds US auto road maps folded in half.
- Fits phones including the jumbo-sized 2014 Samsung GALAXY Note 2 or 4 or the iPhone 6+ with a beefy case (i.e. Otterbox Defender case)
- Secondary exterior mesh pocket with quick-access Velcro closure
- Exterior of the bag is constructed of rugged 420D Diamond Ripstop nylon fabric and 400D nylon pack cloth (with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric — we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some other other top tube bags).
- Interior features a soft hook & loop compatible fabric
- Main compartment has heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper
- Main compartment has movable/removable hook & loop divider
- Elastic pencil/pen holder — no more fumbling to answer brevet questions or to record times.
- Bag attaches with three hook & loop straps (end strap is removable and adjustable to one of three vertical positions to fit differing stem heights).
- Foam padding on bottom and one side for rigidity & protection of contents.
- Zippers can be operated with one hand.
- Because of the larger size of this bag, we provide an additional stabilziing feature: a piece of Velcro on the rear, bottom side to keep the bag from rotating left and right. We provide you with a piece of adhesive hook, which you can adhere to the top side of your top tube—it matches up to the Velcro loop sewn to the bottom of the bag.
- Available only in black
- We make available a heavy-duty 8-mil polyethylene sleeve (# 4916 Fold Over Poly Envelope) — convenient for going in & out of mini-marts, keeping your brevet card and cash together and protected from rain. This zipperless pouch is deep enough to fold over one end, which is faster and easier to use than a zippered bag.
- The main compartment is sized to hold our exclusive fuel container (# 2451) — no more messy food in your jersey pockets
- The outside zippered pocket is specifically designed to hold the optional LM vinyl wallet (# 4915)
- Top Tube Extension Straps (for tandems or recumbents, which have a larger diameter top tube (# 2446)
- Because of the overall length of this bag (the dimension along the top tube), some cyclists with shorter framed bicycles (56cm or less) have found that the bag interferes with dismounting. Consider the one of the smaller top tube bags instead.
- Other cyclists do not like having a bag on the top tube as it interferes with their knees while standing up to pedal.
I have seen many brevet cards fly out of rear jersey pockets in windy conditions. Keep your card and the requisite receipts safe, secure and convenient in this bag. On longer brevets or double-centuries, riders are frequently riding in the early morning or evening hours which necessitates wearing a jacket covering your jersey pockets — this bag serves as a practical substitute for the gear or food that is commonly stashed there.
Recumbent or Tandem Note
- Extension straps are required for most recumbent or tandem bicycles which have an unusually large diameter top tube—with the extension straps the bag will fit a tube up to a circumference of 32cm (12.75").
- If you find that the straps is too long, you may trim it off the length with scissors and then gently melt the ends of the strap with a match or lighter (so the ends don’t fray).
Weight: 120 g (4.2 oz.) including divider
Volume: 900 ml (55 cu in)
Inside Dimensions: 12.5hx20wx4cm (5hx7.75x1.5")
Fits a top tube with a circumference up to 18cm (7"). If you using a tandem or recumbent with larger than typical tube size, then purchase our optional Top Tube Bag Extender Straps.
Designed and Crafted in the USA